The Ace Hardware Rewards Visa is a good choice for people who want to earn rewards on their spending and shop routinely at Ace Hardware stores. Points that are earned can only be redeemed for Ace Rewards. The Ace Hardware Rewards Visa is issued by USBank.
There is no signup bonus currently offered with this card. Card members have the opportunity to earn points in various ways. For every $1 of net purchases made on the card (not including returns or credits), you will earn:
- Up to 10% in Ace Rewards points in rotating, quarterly categories
- Up to 5% in Ace Rewards points at participating Ace Hardware stores
- 2% in Ace Rewards points at grocery stores and gas stations
- 1% in Ace Rewards points on all other purchases
For every 12,500 points earned, cardholders receive a $25 Ace Reward which can be used for purchases at any participating Ace Hardware store.
Card members who have the Ace Hardware Rewards Visa also enjoy the additional benefits that come with a Visa Signature card. These include:
- Complimentary concierge services
- Special access to events
- Extended warranty
- 24/7 travel assistance services
There is no 0% introductory annual percentage rate period for balance transfers or purchases. The APR for purchases is between 13.99% and 22.99%. Your specific APR is determined at the time of approval and is based on your creditworthiness.
There is no annual membership fee for this card.
Below we have broken down the specific details of the Ace Hardware Rewards Visa to help you decide if it’s a good choice for you.
Multiple ways to earn points:
Cardholders can earn points (redeemable for Ace Rewards) in a variety of ways. These include:
- Earn up to 10% in Ace Rewards points for every dollar you spend in quarterly categories.
- Earn up to 5% in Ace Rewards points for every dollar spent on purchases at participating Ace Hardware stores.
- Earn 2% in Ace Rewards points for every dollar you spend on groceries and gas.
- Earn 1% on all other purchases.
Every dollar spent on the Ace Hardware Rewards Visa earns cardholders 5 Ace Rewards points. When your points balance reaches 12,500, you earn $25 in Ace Rewards which can then be redeemed towards merchandise at any participating Ace Hardware store.
Here is an example of how quickly Ace Rewards points can add up:
|Monthly expense||Amount spent||Points per dollar||Total points|
|Ace Hardware stores||$300||15 (3%)||4,500|
|Retail purchases||$200||5 (1%)||1,000|
Card members who expect to make purchases totaling this amount ($1,450) every month (and within these categories) will earn 12,500 points. Those points can then be redeemed for $25 in Ace Rewards.
To be eligible for the 10% in Ace Rewards points, card members must sign up each quarter to earn rewards in the rotating categories. There is no charge for this feature but you do not automatically receive the 10% Ace Rewards points just by having the Ace Hardware Rewards Visa.
No annual fee:
There is no annual fee for this card.
Visa Signature benefits:
Card members also get the benefits that come with a Visa Signature card, such as:
- Complimentary concierge services- Round the clock assistance is available whenever you need help booking an event, buying a special gift, or making a dinner reservation.
- Special access to events- Receive notification of early ticket sales and priority seating for concerts, Broadway shows, and other entertainment events.
- Extended warranty- Get additional warranty protection at no cost to you on purchases made with your card. Specific restrictions apply.
- 24/7 travel assistance services- Get a replacement card and cash advance if your card is ever lost or stolen.
No signup bonus:
New account holders receive no signup bonus with this card. Many rewards cards do offer points/rewards incentives to new members so if this feature is important to you, you may want to consider other cards which do offer it.
No promotional APR:
The Ace Hardware Rewards Visa does not come with a 0% APR introductory period on either purchases or balance transfers. If you’re hoping to transfer a high-interest credit card balance to this card, that may not be a good option. As an example, the Discover it card offers new customers a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 14 months.
Each quarter there are rotating shopping categories which are available to card members. Eligible purchases made with the Ace Hardware Rewards Visa earn 10% in Ace Rewards points at these retailers during this time. However, cardholders must sign up each quarter to be able to receive these additional rewards. This benefit is not automatically given.
Limited reward options:
Card members earn points on most purchases made with the card but these points can only be redeemed for Ace Rewards. There are no other options such as cash back or gift cards from other retailers. This card is targeted at people who regularly shop at Ace Hardware stores (and spend a significant amount of money) and the rewards program reflects this.