Chase Sapphire (read our full profile!) has always been a solid travel rewards card and it just got better. New members can now earn 50,000 Ultimate Rewards bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first three months that your account is active. You can also receive an additional 5,000 bonus points simply by making a purchase and adding an authorized user within the first three months.
If you meet the spending requirements and add an authorized user, you will earn a total of 55,000 Ultimate Rewards points – which based on current valuations (2.1 cents per point) is worth a very generous $1,155. More good news is these points can be transferred at full 1:1 value to travel partners like Hyatt (for free nights at luxury properties) or numerous airlines (for award flights worldwide) through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Here’s a brief overview of the benefits Chase Sapphire offers:
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending a minimum of $4,000 on eligible purchases during the first three months that your card is active. This is equal to $500 cash back or $625 in travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after making a purchase and adding an authorized user within three months of opening your account
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining purchases – travel category includes Uber and Lyft services
- Earn 1X point on all other purchases
- 1:1 point transfer to numerous travel partners – 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards program
- 20% off travel redemption – when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals, and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- No foreign transaction fees
- EMV chip technology for enhanced security
- $0 Introductory Annual Fee for the first year, then $95
Important: This offer is available to new account holders only. You are eligible if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for Chase Sapphire in the past 24 months.