We like how the Chase Sapphire (read our review!) makes it easy to earn double points on travel and dining purchases, including Uber rides and toll expenditures, as well as the obvious hotel and restaurant transactions. But did you know there are things you can do to increase your rewards earning power even more?
Check out these tips and enjoy even greater benefits:
1) Add an authorized user.
This suggestion applies to recent new cardholders only. Make any purchase within the first three months that your account is active plus add an authorized user and you will receive 5,000 bonus points. (With Ultimate Rewards points valued at 2.1 cents each that’s a value of $105.) You can complete the process quickly and easily online. Note: As the primary card member, you are responsible for any and all charges made by an authorized user.
2) Set your Chase Sapphire as your default payment card for travel purchases.
You may not be aware but even expenses such as E-ZPASS and monthly parking charges earn 2X points with Chase Sapphire. Chase offers double points on a wide range of travel-related expenses making it a solid choice for all you road warriors out there. Included are: airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, campgrounds, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, operators of passenger trains, buses, taxis, limos, ferries, tolls, bridges, highways, and parking lots and garages.
3) Add your card to your rental car profile.
Whenever you use Chase Sapphire to rent a car, you can take advantage of the card’s primary rental car coverage which will end up saving you quite a bit of cash. This offer is also available with many car rentals around the world. Again, all car rental transactions earn you double points.
If you are not yet a Chase Sapphire cardholder, take a look at the new member bonus currently being offered. It might be the perfect time to consider adding it to your wallet.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on eligible net purchases during the first three months that your account is open. (This is equal to $500 in travel rewards when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards.)
- Earn an additional 5,000 bonus points when you make a purchase on the card within the first three months plus add an authorized user.
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining purchases. Earn 1X on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- EMV chip enabled
- 1:1 point transfer to most leading frequent travel programs. (This means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.)
- $95 annual fee (waived for the first year).