For a limited time, new members have the opportunity to earn 50,000 AAdvantage miles after signing up for the AAdvantage Platinum MasterCard (read our full review). To qualify, you must make at least $3,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months that your account is open. The previous signup bonus had a lesser spending requirement of $1,000 during the initial three months but only offered 30,000 miles in bonus rewards. With American miles currently valued at 1.7 apiece, the current 50,000 mile bonus is worth around $850 when redeemed.
Here are the main highlights:
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after spending at least $3,000 on purchases within three months from the date your account is opened
- Designed for businesses that have an established credit history
- Earn 2X AAdvantage miles per dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X AAdvantage miles per dollar spent on purchases at telecommunications and car rental merchants
- Earn 2X AAdvantage miles per dollar spent at gas stations (after 11/15/15)
- Earn 1X AAdvantage mile on all other purchases
- Get first checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights (for you and up to four traveling companions on the same reservation)
- Enjoy Group 1 Boarding on American Airlines Flights
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards available at no additional cost
The American Airlines Platinum MasterCard (read our detailed profile) is a great choice if you fly often and your airline of choice is American. The 50,000 bonus miles offer can be redeemed for a round-trip business or first-class domestic award ticket or a one-way business flight to Europe.
There is an annual fee of $95 which is waived for the first year of membership.